Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Brief bio

I was hired as a photographer for the old San Diego Union and Evening Tribune when the papers were separate and the photo dept worked for either/both. Made for some interesting logistical and political maneuverings in and around the photo lab. Stan Griffin was the head of the department and Charlie Sick was his second in command. I was a photog from 1967 to 1977 so was there during the move to the new building in Mission Valley. I was involved quite heavily in the design and construction of the new photo department but I was always ‘on the street’ as well, so I had the best of both worlds. I apparently suffered from a terminal case of ‘career burn out’ and left the paper in 1977.

I sort of fell into the ship repair business with my brothers in San Diego. I do the design and engineering. We moved the operation “back home” to Idaho Falls, Idaho in 1980. So what is odd about fabricating shipboard equipment in the desert of Idaho? We are still in business together, fabricating furniture and equipment for both the Navy and the Army.

Email: johnhprice@qwest.net
Address: PO Box 357, Iona ID 83427
Phone: 208 523 8090

No comments: